Total Time 15 min
1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 Steam asparagus 4 minutes or until crisp-tender
2 While asparagus steams, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic;
cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add asparagus, salt, and pepper,
and toss to combine.
"Cooking Light" April 2012
¼ cup grated peeled English cucumber
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl
"Cooking Light" April 2012
3 ounces feta cheese, preferable French, crumbled (¾ cup)
2 ½ T. Red wine vinegar
1 T. Water
½ tsp. Dried oregano
¼ cup plus 1 T. olive oil
Freshley ground pepper
In a food processor, pulse the crumbled feta with the red wine vinegar, water, oregano,
and olive oil until the vinaigrette is smooth. Season with salt and pepper
Stem and wash beans.
Pack in jars with one head dill, 2-3 cloves garlic,
1"-1&1/2 inch long dried red chili peppers.
2 C water
1/3 C salt
Bring to boil and pour over beans. Seal. Process 5 minutes boiling water bath.
Time when starts boiling. This amount of brine makes about 2 quarts.
Grilled Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp finely minced canned chipotles plus 1/2 tsp sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 ears corn in husks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the butter, lime zest and juice, chipotles and sauce, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Remove outer husks from corn, leaving just a few of the inner-most layers. Gently pull those down, remove the silks and pull the husks back up. Lightly mist the grill with cooking spray. Cook corn 8-12 minutes, turning often, until crisp-tender and lightly charred.
- Strip away husks; brush corn with butter mixture.
Grilled Vegetables Over Barley with Feta and Basil
- 1 cup pearl barley
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt plus additional for seasoning
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 green bell peppers, quartered
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 whole button mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the barley and boil until tender but slightly chewy; 45 minutes to one hour; drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Whisk in the oil; reserve 1/3 of the dressing for barley.
- Toss all veggies in the dressing.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Season the vegetables lightly with salt; grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes a side.
- Toss barley with 1 Tbsp of the basil and the reserved dressing. Spoon onto serving plates and top with grilled vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining basil and feta.
Add olive oil, ginger, thyme and a bit of vanilla to your yams or sweet potatoes
Avoids all the sugar and butter that most eat it with.
Fry up your yukon potatoes with oil and seasonings
Right before done add a splash of red wine vinegar.
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Cut Yukon Gold potatoes into small cubes and chop and onion, mix together.
Pour Newman's Own Roasted Garlic and Parmesan dressing over these and stir until well covered.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Top with mozzarella or parmesan cheese if desired.
Choose your favorite Veggies such as...
-Yukon Gold potatoes
1.Preheat oven at 425
2.Cut up your favorite combination of veggies.
3.Toss these veggies in olive oil until well coated.
4. Add garlic and season as desired (any type of seasoned salt will work).
5. Pour into a baking dish.
6. bake for 40-45 minutes
Simply coat the asparagus in olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper or a seasoned salt and cook on the grill or sauté in a frying pan.