- Hard boiled egg
- Cheese stick
- 1 serving of fruit (apple, banana, berries, pear, grapes, etc)
- Celery sticks with natural peanut butter
- Apple or pear with natural peanut butter
- Veggies sticks (celery, cucumber, etc) can buy the small bite sized cucumbers, quick and easy. Eat with hummus for dip.
- Sugar snap peas
- Ultra Meal Bar or Protein Fusion bar
- 12 Almonds
- ½ cup cottage cheese (good to add chives)
Thai peanut sauce
Creamy peanut butter dip
Spray tortilla with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
Broil in oven until crispy and slightly brown.
8 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. pepper
Add to that fresh cut veggies.
Use about 6 tomatoes and then you choose which veggies to add. Typically used: 1 red onion, 1 green pepper, 1 white onion, ½ cup to 1 cup cilantro, and jalapeños.
Optional: black beans
Can be eaten over a salad or with chicken and served in a tortilla.
Can be served with homemade chips (recipe under Misc.)
Makes: 1 ¾ cups
1 15-16 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp lemon juice (optional)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, halved
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground or ½ tsp ground cumin*
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1) In a food processor combine garbanzo beans, tahini, the water, the 2 Tbsp lemon juice, the oil, garlic, kosher salt, cumin seeds, and cayenne pepper.
2) Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3) Stir in the parsley. If desired, stir in additional lemon juice to taste.
4) Garnish with additional parsley. Serve with baked pita chips or vegetable dippers, or use as a spread in a gilled vegetable sandwich.
Fresh Summer Salsa
6 Tomatoes, finely diced
2 Cups finely diced white onion
1 Cup finely diced red onion
8 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
4 Tbsp. olive oil
8 tsp. lime juice
4 tsp. minced jalapeno
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Optional: black beans
Mix well and refrigerate.
Serve with homemade tortilla chips, on a salad, or on cooked chicken.
Place a little water and olive oil in the bottom of a small pot.
Cut up tomatoes, onion, garlic, and salt.
Add finely chopped spinach and basil.
When veggies are cooked through, add any kind of V8 juice (spicy is amazing, but plain is good too) and a little tomato paste (to thicken/add color)… heat through and serve.