- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 apple
- 1 fried egg, break yoke while frying, when almost done top with fried peppers and onions, top with cheese. Serve on one slice or half slice whole grain toast.
- 1-2 eggs scrambled with leftover cooked veggies. ½ Yukon gold potato fried.
- 1-2 Slices whole grain toast (Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread or English muffins are great) with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter. Can add a bit of honey if desired.
- 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cheese stick, 1 serving berries
- 2 eggs scrambled. Serve with salsa.
Low Fat Southwest Chicken Omelet
- 6 egg whites or Egg Beaters
- ½ chopped tomatoes, handful of mushrooms, onions to taste, 1cup red peppers
- 3 oz. lean turkey or chicken
- 1 oz. mozzarella cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
If the chicken or turkey is not pre-cooked, cook it first in a separate pan. Preheat the oven on broil to 450 ºF. On a skillet on the stove, pour in the egg whites or Egg Beaters and start cooking at a medium temperature. After a minute or so mix in the vegetables together with the meat and cook until the eggs are as you like them. Turn off the stove. Put an ounce of mozzarella cheese on top of the omelet. Put in the over and bake the cheese for several minutes until lightly brown.
Calories "" 200 each
Egg Puff (Healthy Egg Bake)
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 pt. cottage cheese
- 1-2 c. shredded mozzarella. Cheese
- 1/2c. oil (canola or olive)
- 1 can diced chilies or jalapeños (drained)
- 1/2 cup Green and Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup Onions
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- Preheat oven at 350
- Beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat well.
- You may add other ingredients like onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Pour into greased 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes
This stores well in the refrigerator. Works great to warm up a piece several mornings for breakfast.
Fruit & Honey Muffins
Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
- 2 cups shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup chopped Apples
Mix the above ingredients together and add:
- 6 Tbls butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- Preheat oven at 350
- Mix Shredded Carrots, Raisins and Apples together
- Then add in all of the other ingredients
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
These freeze really well!